Thursday, May 15, 2008

my critical romance

Reflection (UNIT 4: ARGUMENT AND EVIDANCE)

In this chapter, we have had focus more on argument (opinion) and evidence. First, we have to know about these concepts is that not every text includes arguments and evidence. Generally, these are found in text which presents a case, typically for or against a proposition. We can find these text throughout academic journal, journal of all disciplines, policy documentation and legal literature, as well as reports of many variety.

I have to consider much type of key questions in this chapter for example:

· What is the argument or case being stated?

· What evidence is provided to support the argument?

· Does the evidence support the argument?

I had found so many difficult terminologies in this chapter. It is very difficult to me to understand about this chapter because I have to find what the evidence that provided to support the argument is?

In this chapter, we had learned “Spinning a web”. Story a boy who condemning his own government. I had found some difficulties to understand this article in order to do my portfolio, but when the lecturer explained to us what this topic is all about, I had understand a little bit and can do my portfolio.

GROUP COMMENT

This week, Azila, Hazwani, and Siti Farrah Diana have done the presentation. Although they had performed very well during the presentation session, I am still cannot understand what this topic is all about. However, after the presentation I can understand a little bit about the argument or case being state in the text, the evidence provided to support the argument and to know whether the evidence support the argument or not.

No comments:


Powered By Blogger